Types of Moodle forums
- Standard forum for general use.
- Single simple discussion: a single discussion topic which everyone can reply to.
- Each person posts one discussion: each participant can post exactly one new discussion topic, which everyone can then reply to.
- 1 What is an online discussion board on Moodle called?
- 2 What is a Moodle discussion?
- 3 How many types of forums are there in Moodle course?
- 4 Is there a discussion board in Moodle?
- 5 How do you create a discussion on Moodle?
- 6 What is a forum discussion?
- 7 What are the different forums in Moodle?
- 8 What is online discussion forum?
- 9 What is the difference between forum and Open forum in Moodle?
- 10 How do you chat in Moodle?
- 11 What is an example of a forum?
- 12 How do I create a group forum in Moodle?
What is an online discussion board on Moodle called?
What is the Forum activity? The Forum activity allows students and teachers to exchange ideas by posting comments as part of a ‘thread’. The teacher can choose to grade and/or rate forum posts and it is also possible to give students permission to rate each other’s posts.
What is a Moodle discussion?
Discussion Forums are a popular online communication medium, allowing users to exchange asynchronous conversation with course leaders/teachers and peers within the security of a Moodle course. Click ‘Add an activity or resource’ in the Section/Topic where you want the ‘Discussion Forum’ to be.
How many types of forums are there in Moodle course?
There are five forum types to choose from: A single simple discussion – A single topic discussion developed on one page, which is useful for short focused discussions (cannot be used with separate groups)
Is there a discussion board in Moodle?
From the upper right of your Moodle course homepage, click Turn editing on. In the section from where you would like to link the discussion forum, from the Add an activity drop-down menu, choose Forum. A single simple discussion will create a flat discussion board in which all posts and replies appear on one screen.
How do you create a discussion on Moodle?
How do I create and grade discussion forums in Moodle?
- Scroll down to Forum. Click Forum.
- Fill in the Name field.
- Click Add grade item.
- Fill in the name and maximum points.
- To grade discussion forums:
- Click Select grade item and choose the discussion you want to grade.
What is a forum discussion?
a meeting at which people can exchange ideas and opinions about a topic. Several well-attended public discussion forums were held in the community.
What are the different forums in Moodle?
Different Types of Forums in Moodle
- #1 A Single Simple Discussion.
- #2 Each person posts one discussion.
- #3 Q and A forum.
- #4 Standard forum for general use.
- #5 Standard forum displayed in a blog-like format.
What is online discussion forum?
The Online Discussion Forum is an electronic network facilitating active communication and interaction among all students enrolled in the same course. The Online Discussion Forum ensures that learning and interaction do not end when the class does.
What is the difference between forum and Open forum in Moodle?
Open forum are designed to increase engagement and provide a responsive, modern alternative to standard Moodle forums. Open forum are designed to increase engagement and provide a modern alternative to standard Moodle forums.
How do you chat in Moodle?
To participate in a Chat activity, select the link to the Chat on your Moodle course page. You can also click Chats in the Activities block to see a list of all available chat activities. The Chat page will open displaying the description for the chat. To enter the chat room, click Click here to enter the chat now.
What is an example of a forum?
The definition of a forum is a place or a method for discussion. An example of a forum is an online message board. (Internet) An Internet message board where users can post messages regarding one or more topics of discussion.
How do I create a group forum in Moodle?
Enabling Groups in a forum:
- In the course, click the Turn editing on under gear icon on the top right:
- Mouse over the forum that you wish to modify. Wait for the Edit button to appear on the far right.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and open the tab Common module settings.
- Click the Save and Display button.