Here are a few tips for making learning engaging and personally relevant, according to Willis, Faeth, and Immordino-Yang:
- Use suspense and keep it fresh.
- Make it student-directed.
- Connect it to their lives and what they already know.
- Provide utility value.
- Build relatedness.
- 1 How should content be selected?
- 2 What are the criteria for selecting educational media?
- 3 How do you create good educational content?
- 4 What is selection of content in curriculum?
- 5 Why should we select a content?
- 6 Why should curriculum content be carefully selected?
- 7 What are the primary considerations in choosing instructional media for their lesson?
- 8 What factors should you consider in choosing learning activities and instructional materials?
- 9 What are the principles and factors to be considered when selecting and choosing instructional media?
- 10 Why educational content is important?
- 11 What is a educational content?
- 12 What are examples of educational content?
- 13 What are the 4 ways of presenting curriculum content?
- 14 What teaching strategies can be used for teaching the content?
- 15 What is the difference between curriculum and content?
How should content be selected?
7 Criteria for the Selection of Subject-Matter or Content of the Curriculum
What are the criteria for selecting educational media?
characteristics of the learners such as their experiences, interests, motivations; characteristics of the lecturer such as that persons ‘ skills, attitudes and preferences; material factors including economic and political constraints as well as cost, time availability, ease of use and maintenance of the medium chosen.
How do you create good educational content?
Six Tips to Creating Better Educational Content
- Tip 1: Create quality content.
- Tip 2: Tell a helpful story.
- Tip 3: Create interactive and engaging content.
- Tip 4: Don’t be afraid to produce thought leadership content.
- Tip 5: Personalize the content experience.
- Tip 6: Keep your customers educated.
What is selection of content in curriculum?
It involves selection of content in line with the goals and objectives of the curriculum. The selected content will have to be arranged in a form that will help teacher in choosing and organizing appropriate learning experiences for the classroom.
Why should we select a content?
Aims for selecting content To provide students with effective learning strategies. To assist students to identify their preferred ways of learning. To develop skill needed to negotiate the curriculum. To encourage students to set their own objectives.
Why should curriculum content be carefully selected?
The interest of the students should be considered in selecting content because students learn best if the subject matter is meaningful to them. It becomes meaningful if they are interested in it.
What are the primary considerations in choosing instructional media for their lesson?
– Make sure that the instructional materials are appropriate to the learners and learning objectives. -Must consider the availability of the materials,depending on the place of teaching and learning process.
What factors should you consider in choosing learning activities and instructional materials?
Instructional materials should be appropriate for the age, emotional and social development, and ability level of the students for whom the materials are selected. c. Instructional materials should be diverse with respect to levels of difficulty, reader appeal, and should present a variety of points of view.
What are the principles and factors to be considered when selecting and choosing instructional media?
Principles in Selecting Instructional Media
- Principle of Appropriateness. IM must be either basic or supplementary to the curriculum.
- Principle of Authenticity. IM must present accurate, up-to-date and dependable information.
- Principle of Cost.
- Principle of Interest.
- Principle of Organization and Balance.
Why educational content is important?
Educational content should be informative, interesting and relevant. This gives you a more authoritative voice and gives you the edge over the competition who may not be posting any educational content at all.
What is a educational content?
The term content knowledge refers to the body of knowledge and information that teachers teach and that students are expected to learn in a given subject or content area, such as English language arts, mathematics, science, or social studies.
What are examples of educational content?
Educational content is often created to stand on its own, but it can certainly be entertaining, informational, inspiring, and engaging. Content that educates is not limited to manuals and textbooks; other examples include tutorials, how-to guides, recipes, product reviews, and step-by-step videos.
What are the 4 ways of presenting curriculum content?
What are the 4 ways of presenting curriculum content? FOUR WAYS OF PRESENTING CONTENT IN THE CURRICULUM. Facts, Information, Concepts, Principles.
What teaching strategies can be used for teaching the content?
7 Effective Teaching Strategies For The Classroom
- Cooperative learning.
- Inquiry-based instruction.
- Technology in the classroom.
- Behaviour management.
- Professional development.
What is the difference between curriculum and content?
The syllabus is described as the summary of the topics covered or units to be taught in the particular subject. Curriculum refers to the overall content, taught in an educational system or a course. Syllabus is descriptive in nature, but the curriculum is prescriptive. Syllabus is set for a particular subject.