Educational technology in Nigeria began with the visual era that is the use of simple teaching aids like apparatus and the preparation of lesson notes. It was in 1932, under colonial Britain, that the first form of communication media appeared in Nigeria. A Radio Receiving Station was constructed in Lagos.
- 1 What is the history of educational technology?
- 2 What is the importance of history of educational technology?
- 3 When was technology first used in education?
- 4 Who is the father of educational technology?
- 5 What is Educational Technology in your own words?
- 6 Who gave the term of Educational Technology?
- 7 How many types of educational technology are there?
- 8 When was technology introduced?
- 9 What types of technology are used in education?
- 10 What is the main difference between education technology and technology in education?
- 11 What are the five components of educational technology?
- 12 What is educational technology 2 all about?
- 13 What is the nature of educational technology?
What is the history of educational technology?
Educational technology in way could be traced back to the emergence of very early tools, e.g., paintings on cave walls. But usually its history is made to start with educational film (1900’s) or Sidney Pressey’s mechanical teaching machines in the 1920′.
What is the importance of history of educational technology?
Helping people and children learn in ways that are easier, faster, more accurate, or less expensive can be traced back to the emergence of very early tools, such as paintings on cave walls. Various types of abacus have been used.
When was technology first used in education?
Computers were first used in education in the 1960s in a way that was intended to individualize instruction. This method became known as computer assisted instruction (CAI).
Who is the father of educational technology?
Uno Cygnaeus, the Father of Technology Education.
What is Educational Technology in your own words?
Educational technology is a term used to describe a wide array of teaching-and-learning–related software and hardware that’s increasingly being used in college and university classrooms. Educational technology refers to technology that usually helps facilitate collaboration in an active learning environment.
Who gave the term of Educational Technology?
1930-40 Lumsdain and Glaser- Mechanized education (Models of teaching). 1950- B.F Skinner’s Programmed Learning. 1950- Bryn more in England the term ‘Educational Technology’. S Bloom (1956) was introduced the taxonomy of educational objectives.
How many types of educational technology are there?
There are three types of educational technology: Synchronous and Asynchronous, Linear learning, and Collaborative Learning.
When was technology introduced?
Made nearly two million years ago, stone tools such as this are the first known technological invention. This chopping tool and others like it are the oldest objects in the British Museum. It comes from an early human campsite in the bottom layer of deposits in Olduvai Gorge, Tanzania.
What types of technology are used in education?
5 Common Uses Of Technology In The Classroom And One Challenge For Each
- Social Media And Digital Learning Tools.
- Reading Programs.
- Computer-Based Testing.
- Calculators, Smartboards, And Clickers.
- Learning Management Systems.
What is the main difference between education technology and technology in education?
Educational Technology is mainly concerned with the narrow spectrum of technologies used for communication and the dissemination of information. Educational Technology teaches through technology, instructing students in the use of a relatively small set of tools developed by technology.
What are the five components of educational technology?
Design, development, utilization, management and evaluation are the five basic domains of the field. These terms refer to both areas of the knowledge base and to functions performed by professionals in the field. Each domain of Instructional Technology includes a body of knowledge based on both research and experience.
What is educational technology 2 all about?
2. Educational Technology 2 is concerned with “ Integrating Technology into Teaching and Learning.” 3. Specifically it focused on introducing, reinforcing, supplementing, and extending the knowledge and skills to learners so that they can become exemplary users of educational technology.
What is the nature of educational technology?
Educational Technology is concerned with the development, application, and evaluation of system, techniques and aids to improve the process of human learning. Hence, “Educational Technology” may be roughly defined as the systematic application of the knowledge of sciences to practical tasks in Education.